Household Tips with Anthea Turner
At Warrantywise, we understand how important it is to keep your home running as smoothly as possible, especially your Boiler and Central Heating. We all have certain household appliances that we can't live without and that's why it's vital to clean them regularly to ensure they're in great condition when we need them most. Check out these tips by Anthea Turner on how to give your appliances a longer lifespan...
Anthea’s tips on how you can maintain your dishwasher
As one of the most time saving appliances in your home, it is vital to clean your dishwasher regularly. Limescale and grease can build up on parts of your dishwasher, even if you can’t see it, so if you want your dishwasher to clean efficiently you have to look after it. Maintenance does not take long, but will help keep your dishwasher working better for longer. Here's Anthea Turner's tips on how to clean your dishwasher.
1. Clean the dishwasher filter - The filters should be cleaned to remove any excess food that may be trapped.
2. Clean the spray arms - Remove the spray arms and clean out any excess food that may be trapped inside the holes.
3. Clean the door seal - Regularly clean around the edges of the dishwasher by using a damp cloth to remove any excess food.
4. Regularly top up the dishwasher with rinse aid and salt - To prevent lime scale building up and to ensure your dishes are washed efficiently, top up the dishwasher with rinse aid and salt.
Watch Anthea Turner’s guides as she shares her tips and demonstrates how to clean your Dishwasher, in order to keep it running efficiently.
We all rely on our washing machines to keep our clothes fresh and clean, however very few of us actually remember to regularly clean it. If your washing machine is not maintained and cleaned regularly, it is likely to break down. In order to banish bad odours, kill germs and prevent the build-up of lime scale, it is important to regularly clean your washing machine. Here's Anthea Turner's tips on how to maintain your washing machine.
1. Clean the filter - Remove the filter and empty anything that may be trapped inside
2. Clean the door seals - With a cloth clean all the way around the seals on both sides of the door
3. Clean inside the seals - Dirt can get trapped inside the seals so if the seals are not cleaned regularly it will eventually rot the rubber and your washing machine may stop working
4. Get rid of excess residue water - If your washing machine has this feature, then remove the hose and drain out any excess water
5. Clean your detergent drawer - Clean the detergent drawer regularly to remove any detergent residue
Watch Anthea Turner’s guides as she shares her tips and demonstrates how to clean your Washing Machine, in order to keep it running efficiently.
As providers of the UK's highest level of warranty cover, we know how important it is to keep your home running as efficiently as possible to prevent unexpected and costly repairs. With Warrantywise Home Cover for your Boiler and Central Heating, you get a comprehensive annual boiler service which includes efficiency testing, pressure testing, bleeding radiators and much more, so you've got complete peace of mind all year round!
You can find out about other household maintenance tips along with 9 common boiler issues and what you can do about them, on our blog.